Green energy is an increasingly hot topic and green energy in commercial property is no different, with many wanting to do their part to reduce their carbon footprint for both environmental and financial reasons. Whether you are a hotel thinking of implementing solar energy or a business park beginning to offer commercial car charging facilities, the team at BFS UK can advise on the right installation solution for you.
In this blog, we’ll explore the best green energy solutions for your commercial property and how you can get your property ready for them.
What green energy options are available?
If you are particularly keen to reduce your business’s carbon footprint, you might want to think about generating your own renewable energy.
The type of technology you choose to install is likely to depend on the size of your business, the location of your premises and how much you’re willing to spend.
There are several options for your business:
- Solar PV panels – Uses sunlight to generate electricity. These are easy to install and can be fitted on the roof of your building.
- Solar thermal energy – Uses sunlight to heat the water stored in your hot water tank. These are easy to install and can be fitted on the side of your building.
- Geothermal and ground source heat pumps – Use low-level heat naturally contained in the ground to provide both heating and cooling. These are fitted on the side of your building.
- Combined heat and power – Use a CHP system to capture the heat produced by your electricity to heat your water.
- Wind power – Uses wind turbines to generate electricity for business. Suitable if you have acres of building-free land.
Using that green energy
As well as powering and heating your building, these energy sources can also power EV charging points to further reduce your carbon footprint, offsetting employee commutes. With over 680,000 registered electric vehicles on the road in the UK, as well as a further 450,000 plug-in hybrids, it’s important that your commercial property is sufficiently prepared for electric charger provision.
Hire a BFS electrician to install the charging point
When it comes to installation, you can trust one of our team of licensed electricians to install the charging point. Our expert electricians are on hand to solve any of your domestic electrical needs from installation to refurbishment.
Our green energy division is also able to provide energy efficiency reports and make recommendations on energy use, generation, and storage to ensure efficiency and optimum performance.
Choosing what’s right for your business
If you have any questions about the perfect green energy solution for your commercial property, then get in touch with a member of the BFS team today. Let’s step into a green future together.